New Semester Prep
- Confirm your vaccination and booster status with UMD
- Complete this form if you were vaccinated outside of MD or have another confirmation issue
- Follow protocols on COVID testing prior to visiting campus.
- Copy the syllabus template and save your syllabus as a Google document so when you make updates, students will automatically see the most up-to-date version.
- Recommended Guidance for Addressing Short-Term Absences
- Ensure your Canvas site is clear and up-to-date.
- Review the UMD guidance on teaching with a mask and acquire a KN95 mask.
- You can record lectures and share them with specific students via Panopto.
- Be prepared to pivot online as needed.
Make the most of what you learned during the pandemic when transitioning back to in-person instruction. Don't miss out on the benefits of using asynchronous materials for engagement and assessment. Consider adding discussions, short content videos, and in-video quizzes/assignments. Asynchronous teaching benefits you and your students!
In-Person Policies & Practices
Review the most up-to-date policies on in-person teaching from UMD.
- COVID-19 Information for UMD
- Classroom Disruption Advisory from the Office of Student Conduct
- TLTC Keep Teaching Policies and Practices
- Integrating Zoom into your In-Person Class